Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Breathing

I was going to write a post on breathing but of course Boris beat me to it - in fact, 4 years faster than me. Since he succinctly discusses it, and it also saves me time, I'm going to embed the video here.


Click through and read the comments.
Some are helpful and interesting.


Random tidbits I've picked up from other places,
  • Mike Robertson gives the cue to expand/brace against all sides of the stomach, not just in front of the abdominals.
  • Pregnant women should not hold their breath [source].
  • Individuals with high blood pressure should take it easy and rest longer between sets [source].
  • More discussion can be found here.
And while I'm at it, Boris recently listed squat variations out the wazoo. That's a whole lot of squats.

Until next post, breathe easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Niel Patel's Blog by Niel K. Patel is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.