Sunday, December 27, 2009

An introduction to women in relation to fitness, society, and why the perfect body is so hard to achieve

Think of the title almost as an abstract to a paper. The purpose of this post is to lay out the structure of the upcoming 4-part series "When Anna Meets Jane" I mentioned last post.

My child psychopathology class spent 2 lectures on eating disorders, which affects our society more than we know.

My goal is to discuss and go over what I learned, as well as connecting it to women and the approach they take towards diet & exercise. Additionally, I'll take a look at the role of others - men & the media - in regards to how they reinforce negative behaviors/habits for women, that in the end, only do more harm than good and create unrealistic ideals & goals.

I'll do one post every Tuesday, with it following this format:
1) 12/29/09 - Part 1: The Underlying Problems & Beliefs Most Women Suffer From
2) 01/05/10 - Part 2: The Contribution Men & the Media Make to Create Weak Women
3) 01/12/10 - Part 3: The Results from a Bad Foundation
4) 01/19/10 - Part 4: A Start to the Right Path
The titles aren't set in stone, but that should give you an idea of each post.

For any guys that read my blog, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you. I'll still be doing an additional post near the end of the week.

The first post as you can see will be this Tuesday, and I hope you all stop by to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Niel Patel's Blog by Niel K. Patel is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.