1) I've added links to Bob Takano's blog and main site to the Online Resources.Hopefully this post made your day a little better.
2) I don't see many lunges in programs but instead more static split squats or pistol squats. Lunges are great for balance, coordination, shock absorption, and strength. A light set or two can round out any training session.
If you decide to try them then I recommend side lunges. (Assuming you have the flexibility.)
3) When reviewing my own workout recordings or that of others, I really wish the plates were clear. The next best thing you can do is use smaller plates. Using a bunch of 10's or 25's allows more of the body to be seen from a side view.
4) Around early summer I was informed about a diet/fitness app in development. The app is now up and running. It's called Slim Kicker and suits many individuals who want to track their progress and need motivation. It has many features and is user friendly. Take a look around, register, and give it a shot.
5) There are a variety of sweet potatoes. One I've recently tried is the purple sweet potato - which has many names - and it's delicious. It has a light sweetness to it and is full of nutrients (150% more antioxidants than blueberries). Check your local oriental grocery stores to see if it's available.
6) A common ingredient in Indian food is chili powder. For a while I believed it had a mild taste. However I recently learned the spice's full flavor best comes out when you warm oil in a pan and then add the chili powder. A food's taste profile becomes much better.
7) Ashley Judd used this word in an article,
promulgate - (pruh-mul-gate) - v. - Promote or make widely known.
8) It might not be the holidays but this is still hilarious,
And Part 2
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
A mid-week pick me (or you?) up.